29 September 2011

SITTING ON MY BUTT ALL DAY


There are quite a few things I pictured doing on my husband’s birthday and sitting on my butt all day was certainly not one of them. Unfortunately, some germs had a different idea.

Instead of taking Paul out on a little adventure, enjoying a nice dinner out and seeing a new part of the island, I was put on husband-enforced couch arrest.

I tried several times to convince Paul that I would drug myself up so that we could go out, but he would not have it. I was ordered to stay on the couch, where I have been for three days now, while he cooked dinner, washed the dishes and cleaned the kitchen…for the third day in a row.

I cannot express how grateful I am to have a husband who would give up a day of celebrating his life to stay at home and take care of me. I might feel like a bum but I know that I am one lucky girl. 

No comments: