18 March 2012

MORE CONTENT


I love my life here in Singapore. I am happy to be in Asia, though most of the time it doesn’t feel like I am in Asia. I like having the opportunities to explore new cultures and meet new people.

What I do miss is not being able to share my experiences with so many of my friends and family members back home. I had a great time with my friends when I was in the U.S. in December, eating the best of American food, touring a winery, drinking lots of coffee and catching up on life – in person.

Though I am connected to my friends via Facebook, e-mail, phone calls and text messaging, sometimes being able to physically be with a person just doesn’t compare.

One friend of mine is dealing with a career-changing decision. I would love to have her sit with me at a coffee shop, have some lunch and talk through her choices.

Another friend has been very ill. I wish so much that I could be near her to bring her what she needs and to help her care for her family when she cannot.

A very close friend has been struggling with a very personal issue. Though we constantly text each other, my messages appearing on her phone are not as good as what they would be in person. If I were in the U.S., I would take a week off of work, drive to her home and just be with her for a week. I would go to her doctor’s appointments with her, I would go shopping with her, I would buy her lots of coffee.

So, while I do like the warm weather, the constant activities that keep me busy and all of the time I get to spend with my husband, I know that there are many days I would be more content sitting next to each of my friends. To all of you out there fighting drama, fighting cancer, battling illnesses, trying to get pregnant, debating a job change, considering a move and sometimes just wondering how you made it through the day, I miss you tons and wish I could be there with you. 


1 comment:

Katie said...

We miss being with you too!